Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Purpose

Hello, from Michael, to all that follow what the Stephenses are up to!

I have to say that my wonderful wife is the one that usually writes the blog for our family. I have input most every time she writes. However, she pens it out and corrects my wording and punctuation. For those who know me well, to write anything longer than a sentence is a feat. So, then let's get on to why I am writing this blog.

I want to make sure that our friends, family, and followers have an accurate picture of what our purpose is. Some parts of our blog show the Stephenses traveling all over the country and the world, and it may appear to many that we are out for the adventure. We DO love the adventure. However, this is not why we are all over the place. The reason we are here and there is because Fawn and I have been saying, "Yes, Lord." We have been called by Jesus to bring his Name to the nations. (.....Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of His name among all the nations. Romans 1:4b-5)

Like Christ with our Father, we want to be obedient, first and foremost. He (God) knows our DNA. (Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you...Jeremiah 1:5). He knows that Fawn and I, along with our children have adventurous hearts. He is now preparing those hearts to obey by being in the mission field of Indonesia.

The acceptance and support that we are receiving from our family and church body and friends has been overwhelming. I do want to make something very clear, though. The Stephenses are going to Indonesia for God's purpose and not our own. We are choosing to be obedient to Him calling us, regardless of what follows. We are very excited to see how the Lord will use us for His purpose. He is a great God all the time.

To see another aspect of Helimssion's purpose, watch this video clip about the work in Ethiopia:



Also, please let us know if you'd like to give us the opportunity to share more specifically what God is calling us to in Indonesia with your congregation, small group, etc. We love to talk about it and it is our strong desire to be connected with you all here in a deep, spiritual way before we leave.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,

Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment